Heavenly Truth Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavenly Truth Seekers

This is a forum for Guild Wars. So that all guildies may communicate.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forum Game
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:07 am by Sugi Ki

» Runes of Magic
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm by Nocturnal Lunacy

» Inactivity In Guilds and Alliance
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm by Nocturnal Lunacy

» GW Poetry Contest!!!
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:59 pm by Nocturnal Lunacy

» GvG Happening in TRUE HALL At 2:00 Pacific Time!!!!!
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm by kazowa

» Bad trick on Halloween 2009
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:24 pm by Sledgehammer

» Mbbs In Ukraine
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 am by ttnnqq07

» Birthday yay...
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:00 am by Orothe

» Work Perks? (Guess what I won at work!)
Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:59 am by Orothe

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Every now and then....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilura Misalle
Admin
Ilura Misalle

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Every now and then.... Empty
PostSubject: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:08 pm

[b]Ok, we all know that every now and then we could use some good hints and tips on how to improve in Guild Wars. Please feel free to share those here. And please do so in a kind and gentle way. queen
Back to top Go down
https://heavenlytruthseekers.forumotion.com
Sledgehammer
Sledgehammer

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:55 am

I was kinda hoping someone else had some good hints and tips to improve enjoyment of the game.

Myself,,,I ususally do the opposite than most people do in Guild Wars.

Most people party with higher levels, hoping to have an advantage in their experience. Their only interest is boss runs and lower levels don't help their cause.

Even then, its unbelievable how many have never done the whole map. I call this bad sportsmanship.

Unfortunately, in Pre, a lot of new players beg to cross the wall under level 8.

I like to party with lower levels. Quest with them. Let them take a little bit of hits but be big brother when they start taking too much damage.

That way they get experience and are not totally dependant on you.

I play the guardian and the guide. If they need items I'll help them as long as they play.

I'll show them where and who has quests for them and help them if they wish to complete a few.

I don't do their quests for them, I help them to do them. I just help protect and guide.

My reward....humbleness and pride I've helped someone find that excitement of progressing.

I found this true in Martial Arts and Gaming is no different.

and that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Orothe
Orothe

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:56 am

I like to just explore, though often times you have to beat a campaign first, since alot of towns are only accessible after you beat a mission. =/

In Pre I like just working with others, it's fun. ^.^ And I use to quest alot with alliance members and help them out, not so much since my internet connection has been unstable due to AT&T working on towers in my area. The last time I tried to help I got half way through, d/ced, was unable to reconnect, and left him in the middle of the mission with half of the party members gone (Me and my heros).

I'm not sure what else we can do... We can hang out and talk more? I'm always trying to get the alliance chat talkative. One of the best parts of an MMORPG is meeting new people and making new friends. ^.^

Sad part about Guild Wars is, there just isn't much to do. You can do quests/missions/challenges or you can PVP. There's about every build combination already figured out, as well as combinations of donkey's and 2nd prof's, item upgrades/inscriptions combinations figured out... =/ GW2 Is gonna be awesome but, I'm afraid GW is going to get boring for everyone eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sledgehammer
Sledgehammer

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I agree that most builds and challenges have been done.

Same goes for life. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

But that doesn't stop that moment when you know someone is excited
to learn a new technique or explore where they haven't been before.
That moment of "I GET IT NOW". You gotta remember not everyone has done it all, including me.

I still haven't gone to EOTN because I want to see what each campaign has in totalness if there is such a word.
If a person fills in 1 or 2 things I didn't know before...they're my hero for the day. I'm not alone in that thinking but I help
those with what I've been able to do. It's humbling because they sometimes teach me new things too.
And that's quite okay by me. Gotta remember we all want to succed. We just need teachers that teach at a level that the student comprehends.

Here's 1 small hint I've come across several times (myself and other players). When Gwen adventures with you in Pre after you give her a new flute,
be sure she doesn't end up body-blocking you. If that happens on a cliff or bluff, your stuck and can't move. The only thing you can do is wait for
the moment she moves away. Then move before she returns to play. This may take up to ten minutes but if your in the middle of farming, leveling or
questing, mapping out is not a favourable option.

Keep the garment she eventually gives you after giving her a few red irises and letting her come with you. Especially if you have all the campaigns.
I believe there's a wiki on when Gwen is grown up and what the garment means to her.
Back to top Go down
Sledgehammer
Sledgehammer

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Well I guess I'm one of the few who hasn't done it all. No one else is adding hints or tips...hmmm. Whatever the case may be, a hint does help others and that's what this topic is for.

So start rolling up the sleeves people, if no one else needs your help, maybe I do...or the next player that hasn't done it all.

Since I added a new post to this topic, I guess I need to be responsible in adding another hint. So here goes.

BEFORE DELETING A CHARACTER:

If you decide to delete your character for what ever reason, be sure to take that character to Post Searing first...take 100 gold and see an Xunia agent...purchase storage and the materials upgrade. Dump all your inventory and left over gold in the storage vault. This includes Gwen's tapestry! Even if the stuff is junk, its still can be turned into extra gold. Or the items can be used by another character on your account that hasn't got them yet. (of course Prophecies characters have to be in Post-Searing before being able to access storage).

Dyes, runes ect are all good items to transfer. Sell the rest if you don't need them. This goes for Factions and Nightfall as well except they don't have to go to Post before seeing the storage vault.

P.S.. Factions and Nightfall characters can get Gwen's tapestry this way from deleted Prophecies characters through the Xunia storage.
Back to top Go down
Orothe
Orothe

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Well yeah but in life there's a lot to do.. In Guild Wars it's extremely limited.. The oldest player can help a newbie get to his strength and power within 1 week. The point of MMORPG's is to grow stronger and better.. Guild Wars, not even just the level cap, but a lot of the game is severeally limited.. Weapons can only have soo many effects together.. Armor is extremely limited in what all it can do, and there are only a handful of armors for every donkey (Though youc an mix and match of course.) Eventually you just get to a high point where everyone has the same builds saved, everyone has the same gear with the same effects.. And.. There's nothing to do but get someone new to that level..

And true, you can explore, but to a point. As I've mentioned earlier, such as in Factions, you can't explore past the story line because you can't enter towns until you've played a mission to 'unlock' it. -.-

Guild Wars is fun.. It's pretty... But it IS shallow. =/
Back to top Go down
Graven
Graven

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Sorry, I feel the need to defend the game developers.

Guild Wars is meant to be shallow. If you want a hardcore PvE mmo with tons of levels and unlockable content Guild Wars is not the game for you. You can even ask the developers: Guild Wars was designed as a pvp game. New players can reach max level within a few days. And special armor and weapons are limited so there aren't any overpowered gear stackers in pvp. Same goes with skills, they're easy enough to get so when it comes to pvp everything is on an equal playing ground.

Guild Wars relies on it's pvp aspect heavily to add depth to the game. And it is probably the best mmo out there for pvp because it's so limited and growth can only go so far.

Not all mmos are designed to be level grinders. That kind of shallow thinking is the reason there are 2.2 billion level grinding games that are all the same.

So yeah, it is limited if you get bored of pvp or don't like exploring. But the game was designed that way. It is not an rpg. It is an mmo.

And if you want to argue instances, I almost did, missions are essentially the same thing. They just don't have concrete rewards that drastically change the game experience, and as said the game is designed to be that way.

Although, there are still some hardcore PvE areas. Go to the abyss, complete the missions there. There's hard mode. But like all mmos it is a lot more fun with people. Every game gets boring if you do nothing but solo. So grab some friends and do stuff. :O
Back to top Go down
Orothe
Orothe

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 am

I understand, but PVP is still limited. There's few tactics. The 'skills' that people can pick and chose, you do NOT pick and chose. There are specific sets that make you either almost invincible, or just a human meat shield for others. You can't PVP the way you want to, you have to use one of the awesome builds that everybody else has to even stand a chance. (Though you can try to be different, that'll usually lead to death.) And that's because people have already figured out the most useful skill set ups.

Now, PVP is normally fun.. If it had rewards.. Like I've said before, all you earn are titles..

So basically it's like a FPS, and saying "Ok, you can have unlimited ammo but can only chose one weapon. Will it be, a 9mm, a beretta, a .22, or a rocket launcher?" Either one can kill but most everyone is going to go for the launcher. Just like anybody can use any skills they want, and each one has it's uses, but others are EXTREMELY useful.

I understand they tried to keep it pretty level.. But they still kinda fail, if you ask me.. A balanced PVP would be both have same damage and endurance capabilities, just different attacks, all equal in strength but different.

And no, don't tell me all skills are equal but different. -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every now and then....   Every now and then.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every now and then....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heavenly Truth Seekers :: Help Section :: Tips and Hints-
Jump to: